GDC No. 229039
BDS (Manchester 2012), MFDS RCS(Edin), PG Cert Dental Ed, MPaed Dent RCPS(Glas)
Specialist in Paediatric Dentistry
Dr Ayesha Patel is a Specialist in Paediatric Dentistry. She is up-to-date with all the evidence-based treatments and is dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy and the various stages of childhood, through to teenage years. Ayesha prides herself in her abilities to managing children who are anxious or have behavioural problems and can provide Inhalation Sedation effectively to help patients relax. Ayesha routinely provides high quality dental treatment for children restoring carious teeth providing white fillings or preformed metal (stainless steel) crowns if required.
Ayesha strives to promote preventative strategies and thrives on seeing children overcome their anxieties and enjoy coming to the dentist.
- Specialist training in Paediatric Dentistry carried out at the prestigious Eastman Dental Institute, a world renowned centre for postgraduate dental training
- Membership in Paediatric Dentistry from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry
- Ayesha has been invited to teach at The Royal College of Surgeons of England and has had several articles published in both Dental Update and British Dental Journal
- She regularly presents nationally and internationally on subjects related to paediatric dentistry
- During her Specialist training, she worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital and in the community dental service gaining experience managing children with complex medical conditions and special needs
- Experienced in managing dental trauma, dental anomalies and providing paediatric endodontic treatment for children.
- Previously representative for BDA Central Committee for Hospital Dental Services and the London Specialist Training Committee
- Previously worked in general dental practice and held posts in maxillofacial surgery and paediatric dentistry at King's College Hospital
Ayesha is able to provide Inhalation Sedation for children at Dental Rooms, Wimbledon.